Monday, June 18, 2012

Day One

cro·chet  (kr-sh)
VERB:
cro·cheted
  (-shd) KEY , cro·chet·ing  (-shng) KEY , cro·chets  (-shz) KEY 
VERB:
intr.
To make a piece of needlework by looping thread with a hooked needle.

I was introduced to crochet by my mother and grandmother many years ago. I made a couple of scarfs and afghans, all with very simple stitches and designs. I lost interest in crocheting and didn't try it again for many years.
I went through a rough period that was filled with anxiety. In a attempt to find a way to distract my sad and anxious brain from unhealthy thinking I started to crochet again. It was something that I could do to keep me busy during any down time. I enjoyed working on and finishing different projects. There is a unique pleasure in creating something with your hands. 
The purpose of this blog is to document and share my little crafts with others and, hopefully, to learn other designs and tricks from any of you out there willing to share with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment