Monday, March 11, 2013

instagram / 3.4 - 3.11



Here we are, the 11th day of March, 2013. As always, time flies.
We had to spring forward this weekend. The lost of an hour didn't bother me that much yesterday when I had to get up and ready for church. I thought I would come out of the time change unscathed. But I really felt it this morning when the alarm went off. My maltipoo, Owen, didn't even flinch.  He stayed right where he was, curled up in his spot on my bed. He didn't move until it was "his" 7:30 am.
But despite the lost of a hour, I love the benefits of Daylight savings time. I am excited to see the extra hour of sunlight in the evenings.
This weekend was also wonderful in the fact that we had temperatures in the mid to upper 60's, and nothing but sunny, clear skies! A strong contrast to the past couple of weekends with wintry mixes. And I love spending time at church with my dear church family studying His word and worshiping His Great Name.
Oh yes, and for any of the bakers out there, I tried a yummy recipe. While searching Pinterest for a new dessert recipes, I discovered the Brown Eyed Baker and her delicious salted caramel chocolate chip cookie bars recipe. Now the direction said to let the bars cool to room temperature and than refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the bars set. That didn't happen. The family dug into the warm, gooey caramel & cookie scrumptiousness. I do want to try to let them set next. I know it will be much more convenient cutting it in to bars.
How was your weekend?
Have a wonderful day & God bless!

hannaH

No comments:

Post a Comment