Thursday, August 8, 2013

Playing catch up


I have posted a picture I took of my sweet little Owie this morning. I thought this photo captures how I have been feeling about blogging for the past couple of months. I hate that I haven't posted anything in what seems like forever in the cyber world. I have gotten pretty lackadaisical in most all of my digital activities. I have ideas for post, I just haven't taken the time to take photos and finish writing the entries.  

 I do, however, have crochet a couple projects on my hooks that I have been working on for the past couple of weeks. I have been trying to "bust" my stash of yarn. I have never been a collector. If I have one of something, I am satisfied. I felt when I was a little child like I needed a collection of teddy bears or dolls because that is what others had but, I never had the drive to get another one. That changed when I started crocheting. I LOVE yarn. I love the many different fibers, textures, colors & weights. If I had an abundance of money and space I would have a whole closet dedicated solely to yarn. But alas, I am limited financially & in my current domain in haven't such a luxury. So I am trying to use up as much of my extra yarn as I can. I already made & donated a boy's granny square baby blanket for our church's recent mission trip. My current stash busting project is a sunburst granny blanket.  
 I borrowed  a couple of crochet books from my local library the other day. One of them is Pop Goes Crochet by Vickie Howell. I am getting excited over the ideas I have running through my brain at the moment. But I will be waiting until after I finish up on my extra yarn before starting these.

Have a blessed day!
hannaH 

No comments:

Post a Comment